It's also nice that Stella and I have our morning and evening routines, plus I get to reconnect with her when I nurse her. That's something special no one else can do. These are moments meant for just us and I think because I'm away from her all day, I cherish them that much more. Again, it's the quality of the time you spend with your kids not quantity.
It also helps that I work with a great group of girls most of which either have babies or young kids of their own, so I have a great support group there. That makes a huge difference because when I start missing Stella and get sad I have people to talk to who are going through the same things I am. If I worked somewhere where it was just me, I'd have a harder time with it.
When I came home on Wednesday Clint had Stella in her high chair. I was so happy because she's getting to be such a big girl and sad because I missed it. I wish Clint would have waited until I got home but I knew he needed to put her in something while he cooked. Yes, my husband is the cook in the family but don't worry I earn my keep by cleaning :) The Hester house is always a clean house!
Such a big girl in her high chair.
So all-in-all my first couple of days back at work weren't bad, I survived! I think I had it built up in my head to be worse than it was. Although when I got home that first night my heart did break just a little when I walked in the door expecting Stella's face to light up with excitement at the site of her mommy and all I got was a passing glance as she got back to eating her hand, her new favorite thing to do. Thankfully the next day when she saw me I got 2 big grins and we talked for most of the night.
Being such a good girl at Olive Garden.
Mine and Clint's lunch date before I went back to work.
Mine and Clint's lunch date before I went back to work.
Talking with Daddy.
Getting tired on the way home from lunch.
Look at those chubby legs!
Taking a nap her first day at Gidda's.
Wide awake.
Getting fussy.
Check out her pink converse!
Clint put these on her when she got home.
Clint put these on her when she got home.
Completely worn out!
So what's next? Getting her to sleep in her crib. We're going to start slow just put her in her crib for naps and see how it goes. And can I just say, there is nothing sweeter than walking into a room and hearing Clint talking to Stella, melts my heart. Yesterday he told her that she needs to start sleeping in her crib, that yes it's different but she's a big girl and can do it. He is such a hands on Dad. There are some men who don't even talk to their kids now, let alone when they are infants. How did I get so lucky?
No comments:
Post a Comment